Today we will concentrate on the second behavior of successful people...Being Present....
As a reminder our list states that
Successful people are
- Suspend Judgement
- Cultivate Positive Thoughts
- Understand the Power of Words
- Are Physically Fit
- Make the Best Use of Their Time
- Study Successful Role Models
- Serve Others
Unfortunately, multi-tasking and thinking about anything, but what we are doing in the moment, causes us to feel stressed out and robs us of the pleasure we could be experiencing each moment. If we want to find more peace and joy throughout our day the best thing we can do is be here now.
Many of us live in the past, but whether it was good or bad, the past is gone. Every moment we live there is another moment lost. Dr. Bruce Lipton has reported that 70% of our thoughts are negative and redundant...in other words, we think the same negative thoughts over and over again...Do you think those thoughts could keep success away?
When we become present, we start to notice what we are thinking. Just notice what you are thinking today.
When we leave the past behind, we may find that we start worrying about the future. Worrying about anything is like praying for something we don't want.
Thank goodness we don't know what the future holds...We get to make it up as we go along...The best way to positively affect the future is by actively participating in this moment right now. Go ahead, enjoy right now.....
Some Benefits to Being Present:
- Life is exciting
Everything is new and fascinating....It is like being a child again. Experience the wonder
- Reduced stress. Worrying about the past and future creates unnecessary stress, while being present puts us in a magical zone of bliss.
- Better relationships. When we pay attention to the person with us we are able to connect on a deeper level.
- Get more done with higher quality output. Focus gets things done, and keeping focus on only one thing increases it's power.
When we are present we lose ourselves in whatever we’re doing...that place where time ceases to exist and wonder begins. When we are so lost in what we are doing that we fail to notice anything else. It’s a wonderfully productive place to be.
I invite you to join me there today!